Project: Development of environmentally friendly public transport in the Tri-City
Gdynia – a city belonging to the Tri-City, inhabited by over 250 thousand residents – as one of the few in Poland has urban trolley transport, operating within a framework of an integrated transport system. Trolleybus transport is operated by Trolleybus Communication Enterprise Sp. z o.o. in Gdynia (Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacji Trolejbusowej Sp. z o.o. w Gdyni), whose sole owner is the Municipality of Gdynia. Trolleybus Communication Enterprise Sp. z o.o. (Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacji Trolejbusowej Sp. z o.o.) was provided, as the final beneficiary, the co-financing of the ‘The development of environmentally friendly public transport in the Tri-City Metropolitan Area’ project by the European Regional Development Fund under the Regional Operational Programme for Pomerania. The co-financing covers 70% of eligible costs. The total value of the project is: 98 646 644,72 zł. The number and the name of the Priority Axis of the Operational Programme: 3. Urban and metropolitan functions The number and the name of the activities under Priority Axis of the Operational Programme: 3.1 The development and integration of public transport systems The subject of the project is:
- reconstruction of the traction network in the streets of Al. Zwycięstwa in Gdynia, Al. Niepodległości in Sopot together with a trolleybus loop on Reja street,
- construction of 4 new traction substations,
- reconstruction of the 5 existing traction substations,
- construction of substation remote control Centre with remote controlled disconnectors,
- the purchase of 25 new, low-floor trolleybuses.
IThe information that the project was selected for funding Trolleybus Communication Enterprise in Gdynia (Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacji Trolejbusowej w Gdyni) received from the Marshal of Pomorskie, signed on June 23 2009. Anticipated completion date: 30.12.2011 r.